Responsibilities of our Housing Officer include:
- Support the Private Sector Leasing Officer in the delivery of the Council PSL Scheme by completing the sign up process and benefits applications, ensuring records are created and accurately reflect top up costs and rental charge, arranging repairs and maintenance as required, visiting properties to ensure tenancies are conducted appropriately and arranging for possessions to be removed.
- Monitor rental/top up arrears in temporary accommodation and highlight where an issue is arising
- Process all Sheltered Housing applications including verification of information provided and appropriate banding and to process all Transfer applications, including verification of information and appropriate banding.
- Undertake all shortlisting and verification processes in order to nominate in a timely manner to all new build and re-let affordable homes. Conduct all follow up work with landlords including confirmation of the nomination being accepted, tenancy start dates and removal of the household from the Council Housing List.
- Assess housing type and banding need in line with the relevant Home Options policy following face to face appointments, telephone appointments or online applications.
- Assist tenants in temporary and supported accommodation through dealing with transitional enquires to ensure high standards of care are maintained and move on is enabled.
- Jobs in East Anglia
- Category: Administration Jobs
- Career level: ---
- Job type: Permanent