Due to expansion we are delighted that our traffic management business has several opportunities for conscientious, customer focused team players with a high regard for health and safety to join their Operations Team.
As a Traffic Management Operative, you will play a key role in enabling our workforce to carry out their activities, by delivering, collecting and exchanging equipment. Our traffic management operatives are integral to helping us achieve our vision of building a World where all infrastructure is sustainably built and maintained and ensuring the country keeps running.
· Deliver, collect and exchange traffic management equipment such as cones, sandbags, signs, frames and temporary traffic lights, throughout Kent and London
· Position units at customer sites and ensure they are installed correctly in line with the New Road Street Works Act (NRSWA)
· Maintain battery banks and exchanges on the equipment on location as well as the yard
· Manage checklists to ensure equipment and systems are fit for use and fully operational prior to delivery
· Check and record damage / condition of equipment upon return from hire
· Ensure timesheets/work sheets/risk assessments and method statements are accurately completed within the required time scales
· Ensure vehicles, tools, spares, company clothing and equipment are always maintained in a ready and usable condition
· Maintain a safe, tidy and clean yard, that includes washing and the movement of equipment
· Assist with loading & unloading of units from delivery vehicles
Ideally, we are looking to recruit people with a traffic management background, but provided you have transferable skills, along with a valid driving license (BE) along with experience of towing trailers of various sizes, and a New Road Street Works Act unit 2 license (NRSWA), we would be keen to hear from you.
Other experience that would be desirable but not essential includes a Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (Driver CPC), knowledge of Tachograph law and digital Tachograph operations. An NHSS 12D qualification would also be an advantage.
- Jobs in South East
- Category: Management Jobs
- Career level: ---
- Salary: Up to £10.50 per hour
- Job type: Permanent